About the Community

Our Connect Four Learning Community is for first-year and transfer students from all backgrounds who are interested in creating an inclusive community focused on student success. We focus on topics like personal and professional development, engaging with campus resources, and opportunities to network with faculty and staff.

This program opened doors for me that I didn’t even know existed. I learned everything from resumes to graduate school. Being part of the program also motivated me to be a better student overall.

Connect Four participant

Meet and Connect with Our Connect Four Peer Mentors

Here are our Connect Four peer mentors who are dedicated to helping you get connected with the university campus. They also will help you meet new people and learn about what we have to offer on campus.

Kenneth

Class: Graduate student
Major: Diet and Exercise
Clubs/Organizations: This year I will be serving as secretary for the Student Dietetic Association and returning as a Peer Wellness Educator for ISU Student Wellness. I am also an active volunteer for the SHOP Food Pantry on campus.
Hobbies: I’m an amateur bodybuilder so I’m usually at the gym 2-4 hours a day. I love to spend time with my roommates and close friends too. Besides that, I like to cook, as well as write and produce music.
For Mentees: I want to share the belief that everyone has the opportunity to branch out and make great connections on a big and beautiful campus like Iowa State. You will find your niche!