For the Sensational
Is someone you know a student sensation? Nominate them! We are looking for students across all majors and classifications who are making significant contributions both inside and outside of the classroom. At least 12 undergraduate students in CHS will be recognized.
The College of Human Sciences and CHS Student Council are looking for outstanding undergraduate students – sophomores and juniors in every Human Sciences major – who are making an impact within the College of Human Sciences, Iowa State University, and the greater Ames community. We want to honor those students by making them our Student Sensations.
- Student must be an undergraduate student in the College of Human Sciences for a minimum of one semester with the status of sophomore or junior. Students across all majors in CHS are eligible for this award.
- Student must have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Iowa State University.
- Student must have a cumulative GPA at or above a 3.0.
There must be a demonstration of excellence in any of the following areas:
- Professional practice
- Community service
- University service
- Overcoming obstacles
Nominate a Student
Nominations may be submitted by faculty, staff, or peers, and self-nomination is also acceptable.
To nominate: Complete the Student Sensations Nomination form. The application deadline is closed for 2019 nominations.
Nominee process: Nominees will be contacted by a CHS Student Council representative or advisor with final instructions. Nominees will be asked to provide a resume and personal statement of accomplishments. Student sensations will be featured on a poster to be displayed throughout the College of Human Sciences.
Upon completion of four CHS volunteer activities and a philanthropy project, each student will be recognized by the Dean of the College of Human Sciences during spring semester. Student Merit pages will be updated at this time.
Honorees must also be able to participate and/or assist in leading in at least four of the chosen events/programs the following school year such as:
- Welcome Back Picnic
- HS Week
- United Way Campaign
- Family Weekend
- Scholarship Recognition and Reception
- Global Citizens Mentoring
- Department Major Exploration Days
- Fall and Spring Commencement