Collaboration Cafe Canvas Trainings
The College of Human Sciences has partnered with CELT to offer Canvas training opportunities as part of the CHS Collaboration Cafe. The trainings will be offered as a side conversation group within the Collaboration Cafe. Each workshop begins at 1:30 p.m. and will take approximately an hour and fifteen minutes. Workshops will be facilitated by two CELT instructional technologists.
- March 24: How to build an assignment in Canvas and Gradebook tips
- March 31: How to build a discussion in Canvas
- April 7: Getting started with Qualtrics
- April 14: How to build a New Quiz in Canvas
- April 21: How to get summer courses ready in Canvas
- April 28: Gradebook how-tos in Canvas
Collaboration Cafe – open every Friday afternoon!
- Dates: Fridays during the fall and spring semesters (with the exception of the spring semester end)
- Time: 1 to 3 p.m.
- Location: Joan Bice Underwood Tearoom (23 MacKay Hall)
The CHS Collaboration Cafe is an opportunity for you to connect with colleagues every Friday afternoon in a cafe-style atmosphere. Coffee, tea and refreshments will be provided by the college and are from our student-run SPARKS Cafe. The space will be set up to allow for flexibility whether you’re looking for individual, small or large-group work. The room will also be divided in to two spaces with one area designated for specific side conversations and topics.
The CHS Collaboration Cafe is a perfect spot to meet up with colleagues for:
- Collaborative planning over a specific Request For Proposal (RFP)
- Meetings of research specialty areas
- Invited groups to brainstorm collaborative ideas over special topics/interest areas
- Mentor and mentee get togethers
- Consultations with the REACHS team
- Individual writing time in a cafe atmosphere
All College of Human Sciences faculty are invited to participate in monthly round table meetings. Join in these events to stay in touch with colleagues, share resources and professional development opportunities, and engage with ongoing discussions. There are circles for both term and tenure-eligible faculty.
|Tenure Eligible||Feb. 17 (Friday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||0331 Palmer|
|Term||Feb. 24 (Friday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||0331 Palmer|
|Tenure Eligible||March 21 (Tuesday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||0331 Palmer|
|Term||March 24 (Friday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||0331 Palmer|
|Term||April 6 (Thursday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||0331 Palmer|
|Tenure Eligible||April 7 (Friday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||1009 LeBaron|
|Joint Circle, Social||April 28 (Friday)||Noon to 1 p.m.||0331 Palmer|