Recognizing Those Who Are Changing the World
Each year, we recognize outstanding alumni who’ve made significant contributions to business and industry, education, family and consumer sciences, and health.
Awards are given to deserving individuals who have made an impact. These alums are carrying out the vision of the College of Human Sciences on an everyday basis. Whether working in our schools, government agencies, private industry, or non-profit organizations, they are expanding human potential and improving people’s lives.
- Alumni Achievement Award: The alumni achievement award recognizes alumni for meritorious service and/or distinguished achievements in areas such as business and industry, education, family and consumer sciences, and health. (one or two awarded annually)
- Outstanding Young Professional Award: The Outstanding Young Professional Award honors alumni for remarkable early-career achievements. (one or two awarded annually)
Virgil Lagomarcino Laureate Award: This award honors graduates who are nationally and internationally recognized for their meritorious service or distinguished achievement in the field of education. (one awarded annually)
- Helen LeBaron Hilton Award: This award recognizes graduates who are nationally and internationally recognized for their community leadership, meritorious service or distinguished achievement in the areas of family and consumer sciences. (one awarded annually)
Alumni Awards summary (printer-friendly version)
These awards are from the College of Human Sciences. Iowa State University also recognizes a number of College of Human Sciences alumni.
First Tuesday in February by 11:59 p.m.: Contact the respective departmental representative for additional guidelines and information related to submissions, such as internal deadlines for review and submission. These alumni award submissions must be routed through the department committee for consideration.
- Apparel, events, and hospitality management: Thomas Shrier
- Food science and human nutrition: Christina Campbell
- Human development and family studies: Meghan Gillette
- Kinesiology: Elizabeth Stegemoller
- School of Education: Michael Brown
- P&S Staff Representative: Sara Erickson
April 30: Iowa State Alumni Association notified of award recipients.
Fall: Awards presented at Iowa State Homecoming