Peanut Butter Truffles
My recipe story: These truffles have been part of my family’s holiday baking tradition for as long as I can remember. It’s my favorite treat to make for friends and family – and I make about 300 a year! We all had our favorite truffle flavor to make – Oreo, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. Over the years, I’ve altered the recipe to make it more consistent. When I go to any holiday gathering, there’s an expectation that I come with truffles in hand!
Peanut Butter Truffle Recipe
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (crunchy peanut butter if preferred)
- 3 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 1 pound of chocolate almond bark
- 1/4 pound of white almond bark
- Stir together powdered sugar, peanut butter, and butter until smooth
- Shape into 1/2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate almond bark and place into a 1 quart crock pot to keep warm.
- Using a fork or toothpicks, drop balls into melted chocolate, let excess chocolate drop off before placing on waxed paper to dry.
- One the chocolate almond bark has dried, melt the white almond bark and place it into a small Ziploc baggie.
- Cut a hole in the corner of the baggie and drizzle white almond bark over the peanut butter balls.