ISU 4U Promise Tuition Award
|Years of Enrollment||Tuition Award|
To receive the ISU 4U Promise tuition award from Iowa State University, students must graduate fifth grade from King or Moulton elementary schools*, stay in the district, and go on to graduate from a DMPS high school. The award will depend on the number of years students attend King or Moulton. For each full year spent at King or Moulton, students will be eligible to receive a 20% tuition award to Iowa State University. For example, a child who enrolls at King at the beginning of second grade, will be eligible for an 80% tuition award at Iowa State University, because he or she will be enrolled at King for four total years.
*in 2014 or later
Here is an overview of participation expectations for your child:
- Attend regularly and positively engage in the school environment.
- Make and work toward academic goals each year.
- Complete fifth grade at King or Moulton.
- Submit Des Moines Public Schools’ release form so ISU can access basic enrollment information.
- Attend regularly and positively engage in the school environment to ensure high school readiness.
- Take classes that will prepare for success in high school.
- Attend regularly and positively engage in the school environment to ensure college readiness.
- Take classes that meet the admissions requirements to Iowa State University. (4 years English/language arts, 3 years math, 3 years science, 2 years social studies) .
- Take the ACT exam.
- Submit your application to Iowa State University, and be admitted for undergraduate studies.
- If eligible, file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) starting Oct. 1 of your 12th-grade year.
- Look for other scholarships in your community that can be combined with the ISU 4U Promise tuition award.
As part of the ISU 4U Promise, Iowa State will work closely with you, Des Moines Public Schools, and DMPS teachers as well as with organizations in the King and Moulton neighborhoods to help prepare your student to meet these expectations.