The College of Human Sciences Communications Office coordinates internal and external communications. This includes things like news releases, magazines, newsletters, announcements, photography, video, social media, website content, the events calendar and more. We’re passionate about sharing your story – be sure to reach out!
Our team consists of Brittney Rutherford (515-294-8175) and student employees – if you don’t find what you’re looking for below, contact us.
We can help with things like changing out text, photos and other content on the College of Human Sciences’ website. You can also add an event to the website calendar. Just use the forms below and reach out if you have any questions.
Happenings Submissions (news for CHS Faculty and Staff)
Share information here that you want to be published in the College of Human Sciences newsletter for faculty and staff. Happenings goes out biweekly on Tuesdays. For the fall 2021 semester, publish dates are: Oct. 19, Nov. 2, Nov. 16, Nov. 30 and Dec. 14. Spring semester dates are: Jan. 11, Jan. 25, Feb. 8, Feb. 22, March 8, March 22, April 5, April 19 and May 3.
Be Added to the Happenings Distribution List: Not a faculty or staff member but interested in signing up for Happenings? Use this form to submit your information and we’ll add you to the distribution list.
Connector Submissions (news for CHS students)
The Connector is a monthly newsletter for College of Human Sciences students. If you have information you want students to know, use the form below to submit your idea. Publication dates for 2021-22 are: Dec. 2, Dec. 16, Jan. 20, Feb. 17, March 10, March 31, April 21 and May 12.
Digital Display Screens
Digital display screens are available to display College of Human Sciences’ information in several locations throughout CHS buildings. Upload your content and display dates below. If you don’t have a pre-designed screen, use the same form below to tell us what you need and we’ll design a display screen for you. Note: These screens are for student-driven information. Items for faculty/staff only should use other channels.
We’re here to help develop marketing plans, strategies, campaigns, promotional materials and so much more! This can be things like banners, brochures, displays, folders, newsletters, magazines, event promotion packages, posters, t-shirts, swag, presentations and other items you may want help with. This is just a start – many times, marketing projects will need a quick conversation to give you the best product.
Many times, videos require a follow up conversation before a plan can be developed. The form helps gather the important information up front so we can best meet your needs.
Things like headshots, photos to help tell your story, event photography and more. Looking for photos? Our online library is here. You can use any of those photos! Just email Brittney Rutherford with the name of the photo(s) you’d like.
Iowa State has resources that can help make your area’s social media posts, flyers and other communications more in brand and have a higher chance of resonating with your audience. Refer to the resources below and remember, we’re always here to help!
- College of Human Sciences Photos: Access this Flickr account to see all of the photography that’s available to you – for free! Email email@example.com with the name of the photos you need and we’ll get them to you via CyBox.
- Iowa State Photography: Iowa State maintains a library of free photography for use in marketing and communications. Access the library at the bottom of this page.
- Colors: Color is one of the best ways to bring your project in brand and ensure your audience knows the message is coming from Iowa State. The ISU primary and secondary color palette can be found here.
- Wordmark: Learn how to use the College of Human Sciences wordmark and access it here.
- Link Shortener and QR Code Generator: ISU has a free link shortener (operates similar to “bitlink”) and QR code generator. Access it here.