STudents On the Rise In Educational Success
The mission of STORIES is to provide guidance, empowerment, and connections to resources for foster, homeless, and other independent students in a supportive environment. The goal of this university-wide program is to increase retention and graduation rates by meeting basic needs so students can focus their time and energy on academic and career interests.
Perks of the program include:
- Instant community of your peers who can relate to you
- Deferment of ISU application and acceptance fees
- Connections to free tutoring options
- Individualized emotional, academic, and social support from program faculty and staff specializing in advocacy and student empowerment
- 1 on 1 personalized coaching at a frequency of your choice
- Faculty and/or upperclass mentor
- Community workshops twice per month
- Access to streamlined emergency resources and contacts on campus
- Assistance connecting to community resources
- Support in maintaining a close connection with county social service agencies to retain eligible benefits, including the Iowa Aftercare Services Network.
Complete an interest form today!