Student Organization Grants
The College of Human Sciences Council Grant reimburses approved College of Human Sciences student organizations for partial costs of the cost of activities such as conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Complete the College of Human Sciences Grant Application – Part 1
- Complete the College of Human Sciences Grant Application – Part 2
- This portion of the application requires applicants to submit relevant receipts from the activities, as well as a one-page reflection.
- The committee reviews applications once each semester.
- Council approves/denies the request and amount by a majority vote.
Grant preference is for undergraduate opportunities.
Acceptable Request Examples:
- Professional development conferences, guest speakers
- Field trips, workshops, seminars
Unacceptable Request Examples:
- Study tours, internships or practicums, or social activities
- Any event/request for which the/a student is receiving academic credit
- Graduate grant applications/research (Graduate students should visit GPSS for funding sources)
- Fall semester (events between April – October): 5 p.m. Nov. 13
- Spring semester (events between November – March): 5 p.m. April 10
Grant Award Limits and Rules
Grants may cover partial costs of the activity with the following limits:
- Organizations: not to exceed $300
- Groups with less than six people will not receive more than $50 per attendee.
All original, itemized receipts must be submitted for reimbursement. Funding is only reimbursed or allocated for the total of available receipts regardless of the approved amount.
Funds available for organizations are contingent on attendance at Council meetings per the Human Sciences Council constitution (see a council executive member or club representative for details).