Become a CHS Student Ambassador
The College of Human Sciences Ambassadors position is an exciting volunteer opportunity within the College of Human Sciences. The ambassadors represent the College of Human Sciences at recruitment events. They have the opportunity to share their experiences in a positive, realistic view to prospective students and guests.
Human Sciences Ambassadors
- Are you a student in the College of Human Sciences?
- Are you excited about your major and would like to share it with others?
- Would you enjoy talking to prospective students and their guests?
- Do you have good communication skills and like being involved on campus?
- Are you looking for leadership experiences?
- Do you want to build skills that future employers are looking for?
Becoming a Human Sciences ambassador might be the right choice for you!
Ambassadors interact with prospective students while assisting with individualized visits, Experience Iowa State Visit days, College of Human Sciences tours, Day in the Life visits, as well as middle and high school group visits. Ambassadors also have the opportunity to help with social media outreach, communication projects, and assist with college functions for current students, alumni, and donors.
While the ambassador program is a volunteer opportunity, there are guidelines for participation:
- Attend annual training held in the fall (approximately 6 – 8 hours).
- Attend monthly ambassador meetings, held once a month while school is in session.
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of Human Sciences recruitment events each semester.
- Interact in a professional and acceptable manner.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service skills.
- Share your positive experiences about Iowa State University and the College of Human Sciences.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 during your participation.
You can apply to become an ambassador at any time using the online application below. Applications will be reviewed, and interviews will be conducted during the spring semester.
- Applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are due on April 11, 2022.
- Applicants will be contacted via email regarding their interview status the week of April 11.
- Interviews will be of the week of April 14 to April 29.