Become a Student Ambassador
The College of Human Sciences Ambassadors position is an exciting volunteer opportunity within the College of Human Sciences. The ambassadors work to present a positive, realistic student view of the College of Human Sciences to prospective students and their guests.
Human Sciences Ambassadors
- Are you a student in the College of Human Sciences?
- Are you excited about your major and would like to share it with others?
- Would you like to help future students discover their major?
- Do you have good social skills and like being involved on campus?
- Are you looking for leadership experiences?
- Would you enjoy talking to prospective students and their guests?
Becoming a Human Sciences ambassador might be the right choice for you.
As ambassadors, our mission is to provide prospective students and their families with a personal, interactive experience as they explore opportunities within the College of Human Sciences. Ambassadors interact with prospective students while assisting with virtual visits, Experience Iowa State Visit days, Daily Visits, College of Human Sciences tours, Day in the Life visits, as well as middle and high school group visits here on campus and in other parts of Iowa. Ambassadors also have the opportunity to help with social media outreach, communication projects, and assist with college functions for current students, alumni, and donors.
While the ambassador program is a volunteer opportunity, there are guidelines for participation:
- Attend annual training held in the fall (approximately 6 – 8 hours).
- Attend monthly ambassador meetings, held on the first Wednesday of each month (7 a.m. – 8 a.m.) while school is in session.
- Participate in a minimum of 10 hours of Human Sciences recruitment events each semester.
- Ability to participate as a student ambassador for a minimum of two semesters.
- Interact in a professional and acceptable manner.
- Exhibit outstanding customer service skills.
- Share your positive experiences about Iowa State University and the College of Human Sciences.
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout your time of service.
Recruitment of new ambassadors occurs annually during the spring semester.
- Submit online application.
- Applications for the 2021-2021 academic year are due on March 28, 2021.
- Applicants will be contacted via email regarding their interview status.
- Interviews will be of the week of April 5th and April 12th.