Faculty Award for International Service
Objective: To recognize faculty for outstanding international service in teaching, research, or administration within the United States or abroad.
Eligibility: Any tenure-track tenured, or term faculty member, including administrative officials with faculty rank, and a minimum of 1 year in Iowa State University’s College of Human Sciences. Former recipients of the award are not eligible. Recipients must be Iowa State employees at the time of the College of Human Sciences Awards Ceremony.
Amount of award: $500
Number of awards: One per year, although the College of Human Sciences Honors and Awards Committee reserves the right to not select any recipient in a given year.
Criteria: Significant and sustained contributions to the internalization of the College of Human Sciences and Iowa State University; evidence of excellence and impact in scholarship related to position description, including where applicable, research and outreach of international dimensions, infusing international perspectives in teaching, and international service.
- Submissions must be in .pdf form and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on the first Tuesday in February. Please name your PDF file “Award title, Last name of nominee” before submitting it (ex: Faculty Award for International Service, Lee).
- Complete the nomination form.
- All letters should be on relevant letterhead, addressed to the College of Human Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards Committee, and signed by letter writer. Letters should be written specifically for the nomination.
- Nominating letter: A nominating letter of no more than three pages, signed by an individual with a reputation in international research teaching, outreach or professional practice or service, describing why this person deserves this award. Cite specific examples.
- Curriculum vitae: The nominee’s curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and other supporting materials, but not to exceed 25 pages.
- Letter of support: No more than three letters of recommendation two of which should be from Iowa State faculty, staff, or administrators.
- Statement of justification: (less than 500 words)