Inclusive Excellence Award
Objective: Recognizes faculty, Professional & Scientific, and Merit staff who have advanced mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the College of Human Sciences and at Iowa State University outside of their compensated responsibilities.
Eligibility: Employed by Iowa State University for 3 years or more. Recipients must be CHS employees at the time of the College of Human Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards Ceremony.
Amount of award: $500
Number of awards: Up to two (one P&S or Merit staff, one faculty), although the College of Human Sciences Honors and Awards Committee reserves the right to not select any recipient in a given year.
Criteria: Documentation that efforts made have taken place outside of the nominee’s compensated responsibilities (e.g., are separate from their job duties/PRS, are not supplemented by course buy-outs or similar benefit, are not supplemented by monies from other entities to nominee or their department in exchange for their contributions). Documented evidence of exemplary performance and positive impact on the campus environment in ways that are aligned with the university’s strategic plan and non-discrimination statement. Involvement in initiatives that support one or more of the college’s or university’s goals for diversity, equity, and inclusion as stated in the strategic plan’s goals, sub-goals, and/or metrics. Indication of continuing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion within CHS and Iowa State.
- Submissions must be in .pdf form and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on the first Tuesday in February. Please name your PDF file “Award title, Last name of nominee” before submitting it (ex: CHS Award for Inclusive Excellence, Lee).
- Complete the nomination form.
- All letters should be on relevant letterhead, addressed to the College of Human Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards Committee, and signed by letter writer. Letters should be written specifically for the nomination.
- Letters of support: Three letters of support are requested. Each letter is limited to two pages.
- Nomination letter – Author must be someone (e.g., supervisor, committee chair, other person with broader leadership responsibilities than the nominee) who can speak to the breadth and depth of the nominee’s impact.
- Beneficiary letter – Author must be an individual or a leader of a group who has benefitted from the nominee’s efforts.
- Partner letter – Author must be someone who has partnered in efforts in which the nominee has engaged.
- Nominee statement: The statement is limited to two pages. Nominee should describe how their activities meet the award criteria and what plans they have for continuing to impact the college and campus community beyond the current award cycle.
- Nominee’s accomplishments: A chronological listing (not to exceed 2 pages) of nominee’s accomplishments that fit the award criteria.