Professional and Scientific Distinguished Service in Administration Award
Objective: To recognize a Professional and Scientific Staff person who has demonstrated exemplary performance.
Eligibility: A Professional and Scientific staff person who has been employed in this position in Iowa State University’s College of Human Sciences for more than 7 years as of February 1 of the year in which the award is to be given. Recipients must be Iowa State employees at the time of the College of Human Sciences Awards Ceremony.
Amount of award: $500
Number of awards: One per year, although the College of Human Sciences Awards Committee reserves the right to not select any recipient in a given year.
Criteria: Professional contributions/service within the College of Human Sciences. Professional organizations and positions held. Evidence of career progress (promotions and educational advancements). Professional recognitions/contributions beyond the College of Human Sciences (e.g., community, state, regional, national international, committees, publications, and recognitions). If relevant, list any publications, papers, and patents (including prepared reports, press releases, articles, and presentations).
- Submissions must be in .pdf form and submitted via email to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on the first Tuesday in February in the year in which the award will be given. Please name your PDF file “Award title, Last name of nominee” before submitting it (ex: Professional and Scientific Distinguished Service in Administration Award, Lee).
- Complete the nomination form.
- All letters should be on relevant letterhead, addressed to the College of Human Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards Committee, and signed by letter writer. Letters should be written specifically for the nomination.
- Nominating letter: A nominating letter of no more than three pages describing why this person deserves the award. Cite specific examples.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Letter from supervisor: One letter from a supervisor of no more than one page that cites examples of the nominee’s contribution in each of the areas listed in the criteria.
- Letter from other faculty, staff, or students: One letter from another faculty, staff, or student or no more than one page that cites examples of the nominee’s contribution in each of the areas listed in the criteria.