Merit Employee Distinguished Service Award
Objective: To recognize a Merit employee who has demonstrated exemplary service.
Eligibility: A merit staff member who has been employed in this position in Iowa State University’s College of Human Sciences for a minimum of 4 years as of March 1 of the year in which the award is to be given. Recipients must be Iowa State employees at the time of the College of Human Sciences Awards Ceremony.
Amount of award: $500
Number of awards: One per year, although the College of Human Sciences Awards Committee reserves the right to not select any recipient in a given year.
Criteria: Has shown evidence of commitment and service to the department and college; quality of work as a vital and contributing employee; and excellence in cooperation with other faculty, staff, and students.
- Submissions must be in .pdf form and submitted via email to email@example.com by 11:59pm on the first Tuesday in February. Please name your PDF file “Award title, Last name of nominee” before submitting it (ex: Merit Employee Distinguished Service Award, Lee).
- Complete the nomination form.
- All letters should be on relevant letterhead, addressed to the College of Human Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards Committee, and signed by letter writer. Nominations for this award may be submitted by an individual or employing unit. Letters should be written specifically for the nomination.
- Nominating letter: Statement of no more than three pages describing why this person deserves the award. Cite specific examples whenever possible.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Letters of support: Include at least three statements of no more than one page each from faculty, staff (P&S or merit), or students with whom the nominee works.