Professional and Scientific Early Achievement in Administration Award
Objective: To recognize a Professional and Scientific Staff person who has demonstrated exemplary performance early in their professional career.
Eligibility: A Professional and Scientific staff person who has been employed in this position in Iowa State University’s College of Human Sciences for 7 years or less as of February 1. Recipients must be Iowa State employees at the time of the College of Human Sciences Awards Ceremony.
Amount of award: $500
Number of awards: One per year, although the College of Human Sciences Awards Committee reserves the right to not select any recipient in a given year.
Criteria: Has demonstrated innovative, creative or original ways to accomplish job responsibilities and effect positive change; has established a pattern of reliability and responsibility in performing job duties; has made an effort toward continual personal and professional development; has exhibited service to their department or unit and the College of Human Sciences; fosters a spirit of cooperation and has strong interpersonal relationships with fellow employees, exhibits potential for future contributions to their department or unit, the College of Human Sciences, Iowa State University, and/or the community.
- Submissions must be in .pdf form and submitted via email to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on the first Tuesday in February in the year in which the award will be given. Please name your PDF file “Award title, Last name of nominee” before submitting it (ex: Professional and Scientific Early Achievement in Administration Award, Lee).
- Complete the nomination form.
- All letters should be on relevant letterhead, addressed to the College of Human Sciences Faculty and Staff Awards Committee, and signed by letter writer. Letters should be written specifically for the nomination.
- Nominating letter: A nominating letter of no more than three pages describing why this person deserves the award. Cite specific examples.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- Letters of support: Include two letters of no more than one page each. One must be from a supervisor. A second letter may come from other faculty, staff, or students.